Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Top 5 Nextel Drivers

With the Bud Shootout and Daytona coming up I have been thinking about my top 5 Nextel Cup drivers for the 07 season...

1. Tony Stewart-- after a couple years of denying the talent of this driver, after his second Chilli Bowl win and 3 wins in the chase, he can't be touched. I have found so much more respect for this man as a driver its crazy.... I watched him drive the tightest late model on earth at the WoO LM Nationals at Knoxville, he ended up getting second...Honestly like I said hes untouchable...I'm sorry for being disloyal... Read His Book True Speed, any race fan will Love it.

2. Kasey Kahne-- Can't deny the Man who led all drivers last year with 6 W's. I look for him to make a Championship run and hopefully Evernham will get off of Erin Crocker and make Kasey a champ.

3. Jimmie Johnson-- Love Him or Hate Him, he has talent...hell he's the champ.

4. Denny Hamlin-- One Hell of a Rookie year for the 11 car, Even with the yellow stripe he managed to make the chase and even a Top 5 in the chase. It wouldn't surprise me if he busted out 5 wins in the 2007 season. Hopefully Gibbs can keep showing him the love and give him cars to win races.

5. Carl Edwards-- after a "down year" in 2006, I expect Carl Edwards to be flipping a lot more this year. He made the chase in his rookie year and failed to make it this year but I think that he can bounce back... with Mark Martin gone now, I'd imagine Carl will get better equipment and more attention from Roush Racing and have a few wins and he will make the chase this year.

--WingedRacer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.